Senior Research Associate, Network Dynamics and Simulation Science Laboratory
- Northeastern University, Computer Science, Ph.D., 2005.
- Boston College, Economics, M.A., 1998.
- Nanjing University, China, Economics, B.A., 1995.
- modeling, simulation, and analysis of large scale social networks;
- computational epidemiology, computational economics;
- algorithmic mechanism design for markets in networks;
- approximation algorithms for network optimization problems.
Selected Recent Publications
(Last updated: October 30, 2011)
- Achla Marathe, Bryan Lewis, Christopher Barrett, Jiangzhuo Chen, Madhav Marathe, Stephen Eubank, and Yifei Ma. Comparing Effectiveness of Top-Down and Bottom-Up Strategies in Containing Influenza.
In PLoS ONE, Volume 6, Issue 9, e25149, September 2011.
- Achla Marathe, Bryan Lewis, Jiangzhuo Chen, and Stephen Eubank. Sensitivity of Household Transmission to Household Contact Structure and Size.
In PLoS ONE, Volume 6, Issue 8, e22461, August 2011.
- Keith Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Chris J. Kuhlman, V. S. Anil Kumar, and Madhav V. Marathe. Interaction-Based HPC Modeling of Social, Biological, and Economic Contagions Over Large Networks.
Invited paper, to appear in the Winter Simulation Conference (WSC). Phoenix, AZ. December, 2011.
- Yifei Ma, Keith Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Suruchi Deodhar, and Madhav Marathe. Efficient Implementation of Complex Interventions in Large Scale Epidemic Simulations.
To appear in the Winter Simulation Conference (WSC) 2011. Phoenix, AZ. December, 2011.
- Huadong Xia, Jiangzhuo Chen, Madhav Marathe, and Henning S. Mortveit. Synthesis and Refinement of Detailed Subnetworks in a Social Contact Network for Epidemic Simulations.
In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, and Prediction (SBP11), LNCS 6589, pp. 366-373, March, 2011.
- Jiangzhuo Chen, Fei Huang, Maleq Khan, Madhav Marathe, Paula Stretz, and Huadong Xia. The Effect of Demographic and Spatial Variability on Epidemics: A Comparison between Beijing, Delhi, and Los Angeles.
In Proceedings of the 5th International CRIS conference on Critical Infrastructures, 2010.
- Keith Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Xizhou Feng, Yifei Ma, Madhav Marathe. Indemics: an Interactive Data Intensive Framework for High Performance Epidemic Simulation.
In Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS), pp. 233-242, 2010.
- Jiangzhuo Chen, Achla Marathe, and Madhav Marathe. Coevolution of Epidemics, Social Networks, and Individual Behavior: A Case Study.
In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling, and Prediction (SBP10), LNCS 6007, pp. 218-227, March, 2010.
- Keith Bisset, Jiangzhuo Chen, Xizhou Feng, V. S. Anil Kumar, and Madhav Marathe. EpiFast: A Fast Algorithm for Large Scale Realistic Epidemic Simulations on Distributed Memory Systems.
In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS), pp. 430-439, 2009.