Deputy Director, Network Dynamics and Simulation Science Laboratory
Professor, Department of Computer Science
Courtesy Appointment, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Inaugural George Michael Fellow, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Core Member: Center for Human Computer Interaction (CHI), Wireless@VT and Inter-disciplinary Center for Applied Mathematics (ICAM)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, Postdoctoral Associate, 1996.
- University at Albany, State University of New York, Computer Science, PhD, 1994.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Computer Science and Engineering, Bachelor of Technology, 1989.
- Interaction-based modeling and simulation of large, complex biological, information, social, and technical (BIST) systems;
- Design and analysis of algorithms and computational complexity;
- Social networks, graph theory;
- Wireless and next generation communication networks;
- High performance and grid computing, especially pertaining to BIST systems; and
- Computational epidemiology, computational economics.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Inaugural George Michael Distinguished Scholar 2011.
- Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Virginia Tech, Award for Research Excellence 2010.
- University at Albany, Distinguished Alumni Award 2004.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Achievement Award 2004.
- Distinguished Copyright award for TRANSIMS software 1999.
- National Talent Search Scholarship, Government of India, 1985-89.
- Ranked 66th in the Indiana Institute of Technologies Joint Entrance Exam, 1985.
Recent Professional Activities
- External Advisory Board, NCASSR, NCSA. Member review committee, Los Alamos Computer Science Institute. CRIS Member of the Board as VT Representative. Served on several LANL and VT intramural committees, PC member for 20+ international conferences/workshops. Delivered 25+ plenary/invited talks at international conferences, workshops and universities.
- Invited participant in NSF sponsored workshops titled Bridging the Gap between Wireless Networking and Advances at Physical Layer, August 2007 Mobility in Wireless Networks – Challenges and Opportunities July 2007, Modeling Social Dynamics Workshop, October 2006.
- Member Recruitment committee, CIC Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Fall 1997 – Dec 1999.
- Co-Organizer: Agent Based Modeling and Simulation Workshop at Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, November, 2003.
- Member Review Committee, Los Alamos Computer Science Institute, September 2001.
- Member, Laboratory Directed Research and Development (Mathematics and Computational Science) Review Committee, May 1998 – April 2000.